SHARDA SCIENCE OLYMPIAD (SSO)
To engage with young school students of class XII, who will shortly be transiting into higher college level education; we conduct a competitive Science Quiz competition (for XII science students only) currently in the XII class in various schools and the winners are awarded with attractive prizes and memorabilia (T-shirts etc). This is popularly known as Sharda Science Olympiad (SSO).
The above is a two step process-
Interested students currently studying in 12th Science (any stream) have to appear first in the Initial Qualification Test (IQT), which is a 15 minutes preliminary Quiz Test- consisting of 20 questions. The emphasis is on testing the fundamental clarity of the student’s knowledge and the “width of knowledge” gained by curious reading beyond the prescribed syllabus learning.
There are 6 sections viz. General Science, Physics, Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Computer Science with 5 questions each. General Science is compulsory for all students appearing in the test and out of the rest 5 sections, a student has to answer 3 sections, to be chosen as per subject combination of PCB, PCM or Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science. Our Counselor Teams visit about 500 schools in North and North East India and students of these schools can appear in the Initial Qualification Test in their respective schools itself. If our Counselor Team does not visit a school then the students of class 12th Science of such schools can appear ‘on line’ through this portal, by revisiting the “menu” & clicking on “Register Now” for Test.
The next step is District Level Competition (DLC) of Sharda Science Olympiad (SSO),in which only the short listed students of a region are invited to participate. Short listing is done on the basis of clearing the minimum ‘cut off ‘ in the Initial Qualification Test (IQT) as explained above . The date/time/venue of District Level competition(DLC) test is communicated to individual students through e-mailers or SMS on their mobile numbers, those who have cleared the IQT cut-off.
Awards for Winners at the District Level-
- District Topper Awards (Top 10)
- T-Shirts for Top 100 participants at District Level.
- Certificate of Appreciation for all District Level participants.
- Free career counseling test & advice for (interested) District Level participants
- Guaranteed admission in a branch of their choice in a Sharda College for the top 10 students (those desirous of such admission). Guaranteed admission in an available branch in a Sharda College for all district level participants ( (those desirous of such admission)
Step wise process for extra clarity
All students of class 12th Science (any stream), 2016-17 passing out batch have to first appear in Initial Qualification Test.
Our teams are approaching schools in all Regions for coordinating
- Initial Qualification Test in schools can be taken by the students of such schools (participate in IQT) in their respective schools itself.
- Students of class 12th Science(any stream) unable to appear though their Schools can appear online. through this portal.
- For online (IQT) Test, visit our portal:- scp.shardagroup.org & register by Clicking on ‘Register Now’.
- You will get the immediate confirmation to appear in the online test, and a password on your mobile through SMS.
- You may appear in the test & wait for results.
- Results will be announced on the PORTAL (info and reports section ) & sent by SMS to your mobile number also. You can use the password to access your results.
- If you have cleared minimum cut off at IOT stages you will be called for District Level competition.
- District Level Competition, the date/ time/venue for which will be communicated to you separately through Mail/Mobile SMS, & also displayed on scp portal if you have cleared the minimum cut-off of IQT.
- All those who are short listed for “DISTRICT LEVEL PARTICIPATION”, will receive a “CERTIFICATE OF APPRECIATION” & awards as indicated above in’Awards for District Level’.
Schools can send requests-
Schools with 12th Science Students (40+) in 2017-18 passing out batch may contact our SCP team for School Visit
Mobile +91- 7533825825 – Dr. Amit Saxena (SCP Coordinators)
Mobile +91- 8476001243 – Dr. Vandana Mittal (SCP Coordinators)
Mobile +91- 7500592555 – Dr. A.K Pandey (SCP Coordinators)
Why SSO (SHARDA SCIENCE OLYMPIAD):-
The majority of students of higher secondary classes develop the habit of ‘learning by rote’ with a view to scoring good marks in the year end examination. Though this pays the student in terms of improved academic scores, but this does not create the right ‘intrinsic knowledge’ in the mind of the student, which can be recalled at will and applied. True knowledge is what a person’s mind retains ‘in terms of conceptual clarity and usability’ which the person can recall and apply as needed, though the books have been laid off. This happens when the fundamentals are clear and the student has learnt with such intense curiosity as to make the knowledge ‘intrinsic’ i.e. which could be recalled and reproduced when needed.
The Sharda Science Olympiad (SSO) engages the students in this very manner through intelligent objective type quizzes both at the Initial Qualification Test(IQT) round and the District Level Quiz Competition (DLC), that is the second leg of SSO. While the answer sheets are being evaluated at the District Level Competition, the intervening gap is utilized for informative lectures by expert guest speakers, on topics of students interest e.g. ‘effective study methodology’, ‘education and success in career’, ‘discovery learning’, ‘innovation and creativity’ etc. This starts a trend ‘of self driven curious learning’ which later in higher education and career serves the students beneficially. The district level meet platform is also utilized for conducting Career Counselling Test and generating computer aided reports discussing the major preferred career options suited to the student(s)in light of her interest, personality traits, aptitude and intellectual level. There could be other similar valuable engagements for the students. All this comes free of cost to the students
Now Revisit the Menu for ‘registering for the test’ or for ‘info & reports’.